Our Mission Statement
“To protect and serve in partnership with the entire community”
To achieve our Mission, we must embrace the following objectives:
- Promote a community policing philosophy by encouraging and supporting citizen involvement
- Continually enhance the working relations with other public and private organizations throughout this community and region
- Identify and analyze problems, explore alternatives, and provide solutions based on feedback from all of the community stake-holders
- Acknowledge citizens as the source of our authority
The Richmond Police Department currently employs 55 personnel:
9 full-time Police Officers
7 part-time Police Officers
3 full-time Dispatchers
5 part-time Dispatchers
1 part-time Secretary
22 Reserve Officers
8 Crossing Guards
The Richmond Police Department staffs your 911 Emergency Communications Center around the clock (24/7) dispatching the Police, Fire Department, and EMS, as well as the City DPW, and handles hundreds of calls requesting information, reporting emergencies, and seeking answers to general questions.
The Police Department also has an Investigations Unit, Juvenile/School Liaison Officer, DARE Officer, and Patrol Division which is supplemented by our part-time sworn Officers. All full-time Officers are trained as Evidence Technicians. The Officers utilize fully-equipped Police Vehicles, ATV’s, Motorcycles, and Mountain Bicycles to patrol while keeping a watchful eye on the Community.
Our Patrol Division is enhanced with the support of our Reserve Unit that assists our Officers with patrol duty, special events, and details requiring increased staffing. The reserve component of the Richmond Police Department is a force multiplier at minimal cost to the residents.
Other Services Provided:
· Gun Registrations
· Bicycle Licenses
· Burning Permits
· House Vacation Watches
· Crime Prevention Seminars